Never mind, time to start thinking about plans for Spring-Summer of 2015-16.
- Avalanche Peak via Scotts track, Arthurs Pass NP (rained out twice so far)
- Woolshed Hill, Arthurs Pass NP (rained out once)
- Anti Crow Hut via Waimakiriri, Arthurs Pass NP (Completed 3rd October 2015)
- Mt Oxford Track, Canterbury foothills
- Sawcut Gorge Track, Southern Marlborough (I need a reason to visit Blenheim.....)
- Lewis Pass Tops, Lewis Pass SR (completed 26 December 2015)
- Lake Rotoiti Circuit, Travers Valley, I'm doing a recce of Nelson Lakes NP as I'm planning to walk the Travers-Sabine Circuit either in late 2016 or early 2017. I have tramped in the area before but only a really long time ago.
|Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes NP|
- Robinson Valley, Victoria FP. This has been on my to do list for several years and in fact I have organized the trip twice only to be put off by bad weather. Hopefully it will work out this time....! (Completed in November 2015, awesome trip excepting falling off a river bank)
- Lucretia Biv route, Lewis Pass SR, same as above, called off twice due to rain/bad weather.
- Sudden Valley, Arthurs Pass NP, same as above. This route is reliant on dry conditions to be viable as you have to cross Sudden Valley Stream a number of times. (Cancelled!....Yep....more damned rain!!!)
- Wharfedale Track, Lees Valley to Whafedale Hut, Mt Oxford FP. I have previously walked the other end of this track back in 2013, so I'm connecting the dots really.
The Te Araroa Trail
Over Summer I will be walking:
- Harper Pass Track, SH73 to Lewis Pass, Morrison footbridge to Windy Point, NOBO, (4-6 Days) (Set for 18-22nd February 2016: Rained out by a 1-100 year storm, I walked the QCT instead)
- Migha-Deception track, SH73 to Bealey River, SOBO (2-3 Days) (rescheduled twice due to rain: Cancelled)
|The TaT Henry River Swingbridge, February 2015|