Sunday 7 April 2019

Where have you been Jon?

...and why no recent posts....

I haven't posted much for the last couple of months as I have been out of commission as I was receiving treatment for cancer. I am hopefully past the worst of my recuperation now so have started going out for some tramping trips once again. I'm starting out slow so the trip reports you will see are going to be short walks, day trips and possibly some short over-night trips.

Contemplating a crossing of the new course of the Hawdon River

To that end I recently visited Godley Head on the Port Hills to walk the Godley Head Loop Track. I also made an aborted attempt to visit Hawdon Hut after the recent storms but was thwarted by too high rivers. 

Me visiting the Godley Head defense installation recently...


I have plans for some more multi-day trips for later this year including hopefully a trip to Rakuira/Stewart Island, the Routeburn Great Walk and more adventures in Abel Tasman and Nelson Lakes National Parks. I am also trying to advance my project to tramp all of the tracks in Arthur's Pass NP as I have set up a new blog specifically about that park. 


No comments:

Post a Comment